Partnering with the Florida Hospital Foundation, the International Prostate Cancer Foundation is proud to lend sponsorship to an Educational Kick-off Event for the Blueprint for Men’s Health: A Global Robotics Institute Survivorship Program this past weekend. Recognizing the importance of ongoing follow-up patient care, Dr. Vipul Patel and team have worked to develop this pilot program to serve as a resource for patients.
Blueprint for Men’s Health: GRI Survivorship Program is the first of its kind. It provides a tailored assessment of each individuals health care needs as well as vital information, assisting patients with various challenges that must be met following prostate cancer surgery.
The kick-off event was a free one-day educational event for local prostate cancer patients of Dr. Vipul Patel, Medical Director of the Global Robotics Institute. This inaugural educational event, held at the Nicholson Center, focused on addressing post cancer concerns such as nutrition, relationships, exercise, genetics and planning for a life after cancer. The event hopes to build support and foster a community for those fighting prostate cancer.
The speakers included:
- Dr. Vipul Patel
- Senator Nikki Setzler from South Carolina
- Ranjan Perera, Ph.D., Scientific Director from Sanford Burnham
- Courtney Mosser, RD, LD, Oncology Dietitian at Celebration Health
- Ava Murray, LCSW
- Krista Castleberry, LCSW from FHCI who moderated the survivorship panel
- Mike Rothenberg, Ph.D., LCSW; Director of the Center for Counseling and Sexual Health of Winter Park
- Bill Kelley, EP; Oncology Certified Exercise Physiologist For Celebration Health
- Bill Silliman, President of Silliman Homes and a board member with the International Prostate Cancer Foundation
Group Photo of Attendees
Giving Prostate Cancer the Finger!!
Dr. Vipul Patel’s patients have become like family to him, which is clearly evident in this Surprise Birthday Wish!
For more information or to be considered for future events email : FH.GRI.Survivorship@Flhosp.org Blueprint for Men’s Health: GRI Survivorship Program